Sunday, February 7, 2021

Helping the homeless of London

 


I help out with a charity in London called Beam, its a great way to help people worser off than I am, the idea is that you find someone you like and sponsor them to re-train into a new career in that way you help them help themselves out of trouble.

Accountant and entrepreneur, I like helping people and investing in startup businesses. I tend to support enviromental projects mostly but I always keep an eye out for other worthwhile projects. I have been through harder times myself and I understand that life has ups and downs which are hard to manage sometimes. I am a member of a lot of community sites and personally work in my local community to improve the quality of residents lifes where I can.

https://beam.org/alawrenc

Alex Stephany, our founder, was inspired to build Beam after getting to know a homeless man at his local Tube station. The man had spent decades out of work. Alex would buy him cups of coffee and pairs of socks, but could see his condition going from very bad to even worse. 
 
When the man had a heart attack, Alex asked himself: “What could we do to make a real difference to that man’s life?” The answer lay in giving him the skills to support himself. Alex knew that’d cost much more than a coffee. But what if everyone chipped in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon always comes out on top