Sunday, February 7, 2021

Medium.com one of the strongest sites around in 2021

A site I really enjoy being part of is Medium they have grown steadily to become one of the strongest sites I know.  There is an active community and it's not just the regular internet guys, there are actually well known people including respective writers on there!

I try to contribute as often as I can to this site which is not nearly enough as they really are very strong as a source of authority.  Most of their links are known as nofollow which means whilst there is the recognition and exposure there isn't any SEO value in posting on their site as their links are ignored from that point of view.

Here are some examples of my work on their site https://medium.com/@adrianlawrence
 
How to promote your website on a budget                                                                                                                                                         If you are starting out on the marketing of a website, then you have a big challenge ahead of you! Gone are the days when you could just create something and visitors would pour in, build it and they will come was actually true in the early days of the internet but not now!.

https://medium.com/@adrianlawrence/how-to-promote-your-website-on-a-budget-6ba399

These days everything is about quality, you need your site to be better than your competitors and your marketing needs to be high quality also, now that is a real challenge when you are a start up and don’t have much or even any money to achieve that with. …

Making the most of Podcasting 

We are new to podcasting but learning fast or it certainly feels that way. As a bit of background I’ve been active in the internet arena since 2006 having developed two internet businesses back in the early days of the web.

https://medium.com/@adrianlawrence/making-the-most-from-podcasts-655bcc37dd3d

Both had their own share of success and I learnt a huge amount as I went along, I did a little video marketing without much success, basically a few vids on Youtube and Vimeo so nothing to really shout about. I never touched podcasting at that time.

The company behind this site have really got it right, I wish back in the day when I ran Article Alley I had followed more of their example.  But it is easy in hindsight and so on.

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon always comes out on top